Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Rawalpindi is a government agency whose main objective is to conduct examinations of SSC and HSSC and declare their results. The Board is autonomous in nature. The central forum is called the Punjab Boards Committee of Chairmen (PBCC) and all the BISEs in Punjab take over the Chairmanship for one year in alphabetical order. Mr. Muhammad Adnan Khan is the current chairman of the Board. The Board was established in October 1977. Its offices have been located earlier on 6th road, Satellite Town, Rawalpindi but shifted into a newly constructed campus at Morgah near Attock Refinery Rawalpindi in March 2013.
The jurisdiction of the Rawalpindi Board includes on Rawalpindi Division i.e., Districts:
- Chairman is the Chief Executive
- Secretary is the sector head of Academics, Public Relations, Library, Stores, Legal Cell, Meeting, Physical Education, Transport, Facilitation Center, and Establishment Branches
- Controller of Examinations is the sector head of Matric, Inter, Secrecy, Discipline, Information Technology, and Record Branches
Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education Rawalpindi (BISE Rawalpindi) takes the first and second annual examinations each year and BISE Rawalpindi announces the annual examination results after completing a due course of formalities within three months after the conduct of examinations. The result is disseminated through an online result gazette, text messages (SMS), uploading on Board's official website, and providing printed result cards instantly at the time of result declaration.
Board of Governors
The Board of Governors is composed of
- The Chairman
- The Vice Chancellor of the university or his nominee
- The Director of Education (Colleges) Rawalpindi
- Executive District Officers of Attock, Chakwal, Jhelum, and Rawalpindi Representative from Finance and Education Departments Two Headmasters and one Headmistress of schools One Principal in each of the Degree and Intermediate colleges Two persons from amongst scholars and retired educationists